Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

A True Story Transcribed by The Mommy

Scene: 3:30 am. A darkened bedroom in a one bedroom apartment in Manhattan.  A 6 month old baby appears to be sleeping across the room from a mother and father.  The family dog, Noodles, is curled up at their feet.  The baby stirs and looks over at his parents. 

Baby: Hey, Mommy.... you awake?

Mommy: grumbles

Baby: HEY!  Mommy?  Hey Mommy, I'm awake... you?

Mommy: Oh no....

Baby: Mommy, I have an idea... let's get up and party!  Yeah!  Come one, let's get up.... Mommy? a pause while the baby looks across the room.  I can see you...

Mommy: Little baby... go to sleep.

Baby: NOOOOOO, let's get up!

The Mommy gets up and goes across the room and picks up the baby.  She lays baby on changing table to change the diaper. 

Baby: YES!  I knew you were game.  Ok, I'll kick and scream and giggle, you can sing to me, right?  Sounds awesome!

The Mommy puts baby back in crib and gets back in bed. 

Baby: NOOOO, this is not what I want... come on, let's party!! Get out of bed Mommy! AHHHHHHH!!!

Mommy: Sweetheart, it is late, Mommy has to go to work tomorrow...let's go to sleep.

Baby: I. SAID. NO.

This scene goes on from 3:30 am to 7:30 am.... At some point Mommy becomes delirious and unable to transcribe the events*.

The End. 

*There might have been fewer words than transcribed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name with your comment! Thanks!